Next month an Uptown scavenger hunt complete with riding the street car to Camilla Grill, Plum Street Snowballs, and lying in the cool grass under the oaks at Audubon? Pretty please????

April 30, 2011
  2. bochanzmom said:

This is great, Lisha. My parents were always charmed by New Orleans. They grew up on the West Coast, they were almost like foreigners in NOLA. They insisted that we learn to love what is special about the city. My father would not let me visit NY until he felt like I knew enough about our ‘own backyard’ first. My mother felt that I could not leave to go out of state for college unless I had at least a firm grounding in the restaurants that defined the city. She used to take me to different well known restaurants for lunch during my hs years. By the time I started college, I found that I actually was fairly knowledgeable about our hometown. Many college friends were amazed at how much I knew, compared to what some of them knew about their respective hometowns (like NY, Boston). So thank you for introducing your kids to New Orleans proper!

May 1, 2011
    • Thanks! We can never have enough ambassadors for our City!

May 1, 2011
  3. K said:

It was fun to go on a scavenger hunt in the French Ouarter!!!!! :) The food at Gazebo Cafe was delicious. I never rode on a street car before (well maybe when I was younger.) The St. Louis Cathedral was beautiful. I wish we could try the hot dogs at the Lucky Dog Stand. Maybe we can do this again!!!!!!
    Thanks!!!!!!! :)

May 2, 2011
    • We had fun, too, K! We’ll definitely do it again soon!

May 3, 2011
  4. Eugenia said:

Wow Lisha I don’t think I will have time with a friend from Nola moved to Fla. and meeting her in Nola this trip but would be so cool to do. Francesca would love to do it. She does show interests in New Orleans since she misses so many people there. That is just the coolest!!

May 10, 2011
    • It only takes a few hours!! I’ll be glad to make you an itinerary!!

May 10, 2011
  5. Rylan said:

We must have reused the scavenger hunt while I was there! Such an amazing day- thank you so much again! I can’t wait until we get to come back to visit again!

December 1, 2011
    • said:

I’ll make us a new scavenger hunt for your next visit!

December 2, 2011