1. I found you via Renee’s blog post — I LOVE this post, too — I am so envious that you got to meet one another! As I told Renee, I simply couldn’t pick one bloggy friend to meet, I would need a road trip. So happy you two met! Lovely post!!

February 15, 2012
    • Thanks, Julia! I felt like a groupie meeting her Rock Star!! We had a great time, and got to be all razzy with our husbands because neither of us turned out to be a psycho!

February 15, 2012
      • Lisha, if you don’t know Julia — well… you should. She is the bombiest bomb. I would love to watch her write one of her cool thank you notes. Because she writes on every day.

She’s that grateful. ;-)

February 15, 2012

So happy for you both (found you through the crush-worthy Renee)!! What an amazing “date” :)

February 15, 2012
  3. I had the best day with you! And – just so we’re straight – I’m 5’6″. Not all of us walk the Quarter in 4 inch heels! You are a goddess!

I was crushing sloppily all over you, too.

And we will meet again.

Because we have so much more to say. And learn. You are wonderful, Leeeeeesha! And any bounce you felt in your step was because I felt that energy coming from you.

So happy our husbands were wrong. Let’s have them meet next time.

Or not. ;-)

February 15, 2012
    • Well, spelling your name wrong makes us even for mispronouncing my name. Right?

Now, I feel the need to address this. I was going on a date with my Internet girl-crush, so I didn’t want to look short. Those boots were my desperate attempt to be closer to eye level! There are about 9 adults I know who are my height. (Is my short-girl sensitivity showing? Oops.)

And you can call me any name you want. As long as you call me! <3

February 15, 2012
      • You were a real trooper hiking around in those high heels while I tromped about in my plaid Rocketdogs.

And anyway, we were the same height when we were sitting down. ;-)

February 16, 2012

Sounds like a fantastically fun day!! How wonderful!

February 15, 2012
    • It really was fun! Now I’m having my crush-fantasies about ALL of my blogger friends. I think YOU need to plan a road trip for us in that fancy RV you have!

February 15, 2012
  5. Sufficiently jealous of your time with Renee and her time with you. Oh, and very, very happy for you both, too! Sounds like it was a fabulous date!

6. Marlene said:

I fully understand your reaction to Renee. She is the daughter of my husband’s first cousin, so I remember when she was a baby and watched her grow up. Some day when I am brave enough, I may blog about her early days. Such as the time she was running around playing outisde stark naked? She was about 7 or 8, I think. But that’s enough to tell you that she’s always been a bit avant-garde. :)

February 15, 2012
    • Hi Marlene! I think everyone knows I like to run around naked. Not that much has changed. ;-)

See you in June. I promise I’ll wear clothes! Probably.

February 15, 2012
    • Please tell me there are photos. Please…
      I guess this makes me glad it was cold last week. No telling what kind of trouble we might have found if we’d been having tropical heat. ;-)

7. Heather Holbrook said:

So cool! My heart skipped a beat as I read that you were hanging out next to the mighty Mississippi river. It’s so funny to think that I drive back and forth over that same river regularly, yet so far from New Orleans! Great that you gals had so much fun. I will be thinking of you both the next time I see the river!

February 15, 2012
    • Well, Heather. One day soon, you should toss something in the river. Then I’ll sit on the banks 5 days later and wait for it to pass. It’ll be like you sent in downriver just for me! <3

I'm curious… how wide is the Mississippi where you are? Here in NOLA it's about a half-mile wide!

Thanks for hopping over. You're such a great friend!

February 15, 2012
  8. Wow, this was such a terrific and fun post! I, too, have met an awesome blogger buddy who is across the country from me-was an instant connect, and now we email personally, as well. I hope to meet her some day, and I believe so vice-versa. Thanks for sharing this experience with us, Lisha and Renee! It sounds like the best girl time ever (I vote to leave the hubbies out of it, only my 2 cents-oh, but wait, maybe that’s because I’m not married, LOL!) ;-)