1. Hehe – I’ve had this happen! Yea, Mom, for still letting him help! :)

June 4, 2012
    • Oh, yes. If boys got out of working by not being very good at it, my boys would be “inept” at a lot of things.

I remember when we repainted our house after Katrina. Fresh drywall, exposed subfloors, a giant paint roller. He was 5 years old then, and we let him “paint” the whole kitchen himself! It was a lot more fun without worrying about the mess, though.

June 4, 2012
  2. Kasey said:

Good stuff! Life with boys!

June 4, 2012
    • Yes, Kasey, life with boys is grand! We ended up tasking him with painting the inside of a closet. He did a lovely, lovely job! (And then I touched it up!)

June 4, 2012
    • Kay, we had all three boys painting Saturday. Mr. Wonderful was doing electrical stuff, so he missed out on being blog fodder — this time. :-)

June 4, 2012
    • Yes, Deborah, it’s a lot of fun watching them “help.” Worth the effort (as long as you have the time)! Our current Work In Progress is a 3BR ranch, so there’s a lot of elbow room for him!

June 4, 2012

That’s great that you let him help! Cute post.

June 4, 2012
  4. Anonymous said:

Bla Bla Bla every parent knows this. So where is your inspired solution????

June 4, 2012
    • No inspiring solution. Just a tale of life with my boys.

I was hoping you’d be inspired by the idea that he helped, despite not being very good at it. For that’s how little boys develop the skills to become men.

June 4, 2012

Omigosh that’s too funny I posted about this same thing except I spilled a gallon of paint on my floor so I’m the one your talking about :). This is so true gotta love our little helpers and big in my case :) Thanks for the laugh and funny reminder hugs! Michelle w

June 4, 2012
    • I do, indeed, love my helpers. And regardless of the messes (I know) they’ll make, I love their help! Thanks for stopping by, Michelle!

June 4, 2012
  6. Hahaha! Too funny! (Especially the end where you put *inspired by actual events!) My oldest is 9, I’m stilling trying to decided if I would have given her a paint brush to begin with :) LOL.

June 5, 2012
    • Definitely do, Kate. Just make sure the floor is covered! We ended up letting him paint a closet after the mess, because I wasn’t being as picky about the all-white closet as I was about the walls. He go to paint the “whole thing,” so he had a bit of ownership, too!

Thanks for stopping by. :-)

June 15, 2012
  7. I cannot tell you how many times I have muttered “If you give a pig a pancake” to have them smile back (if they are a mom) or reply with a blank stare (otherwise.) thanks for the giving a pig a pancake story!

June 5, 2012
  8. I love this little series you have created. So much fun. If I give my boy some magnets, he’s quiet for hours. Maybe you should try that. ;-)

June 5, 2012
    • Oh, Megan, it happens to all of us. But no one dares to write a blog about us!! Thanks for stopping by.

P.S. I really loved your fake interview with John Grisham!

June 15, 2012
  9. Haha!! That was so cute and such a clever way to tell your story. Your messy story. Your son’s messy story. (Thanks for linking up with us over at #findingthefunny this week!)

June 8, 2012
    • You’re quite welcome! It was a fun little piece to post. I hope I can be funny again next week!

June 15, 2012
  10. Love this! I had Maycee help me paint my bedroom after we moved in…I gave her the bottom half of the room (above the cut in trim), and I did the top…well…I did the bottom and top…after her work on the bottom half was done…about 30 minutes into the all-day project, LOL! ;-)

June 12, 2012
    • Kudos for letting her participate! I’m sure Maycee will remember, and I see you smiling through your words here. That, my friend, is what this is all about!

June 15, 2012
    • There’s a lot of that relating going around here! Isn’t it funny how our boys can be so different is so many ways, yet so much alike deep down.

Thanks for stopping by, Mike. I watched the video you posted, and LOVED it!

June 15, 2012
  11. OMG – fantastic! So many of life’s experiences are “If you Give a Mouse a Cookie” – hope u and the crew are doing well and creating more magical memories!

August 14, 2012