1. I am so excited and happy for you that you are doing this for you. Have a wonderful time and can’t wait to read about it when you return. Have some wine and cheese for me:) xoxo

October 16, 2012
    • In no small part because of a thought you prompted. I suppose I owe you a big ole “Merci!”

October 16, 2012

I am so proud of you!! Have a wonderful time!

October 16, 2012
    • Thanks, Bekr. I know I will. Did I tell you I cut my hair off, too?? Kind of Sabrina-esque, n’est pas?

• said:

I read that you cut it off. Was waiting for pics :)

• said:

I am waiting for tons of photos!!! Hope you are having a blast! or had a blast. Not sure if you are back yet :/ Will have to look at your blog to see what’s up :)

October 26, 2012
  3. Anonymous said:

I can’t think of a better person to deserve this. Enjoy and please leave all worries at home. Love Ya!

October 16, 2012

Fantastique! Je suis tellement excité pour tu. Paris a volé mon coeur de San Francisco, vraiment. En fait, j’étais là il ya une semaine. Si vous allez au Louvre, essayez la Porte du Lion abord pour une saisie plus rapide. Et oui, boire tout po je suis impatient de lire tout cela. ~molly

• said:

PS: Be sure to look at the Tower at night •on the hour•. :)

October 16, 2012
    • I’m not even going to try to answer in French, although I did read it with no trouble! I have not heard of this Lion Door. I know what I’ll be reading up on during the flight! Thanks, Molly!

October 16, 2012
  5. Lisha ~ Have a fabulous time! I’m sure that you will have some great posts upon your arrival home, but until then, ENJOY!

October 16, 2012
    • Thanks, Carol! I’m going all-in for this trip, so I know it will be wonderful!

October 16, 2012

WOW!! Holy wow! Have a tres fantific’ time! (I forgot all my high school french :( can’t wait to hear all about this wonderful dream come true :) Michelle w

October 16, 2012
    • I’m hoping I remember mine enough to dine, shop, and travel! Thanks for stopping by, Michelle!

October 16, 2012
  7. I’ve been exploding with joy ever since you told me you were doing it! I’m so excited that you are going on this adventure.

And Mr. Wonderful is truly wonderful for getting how much you needed this time to fill yourself up.

Take pictures. Write. Lounge.

Tu es magnifique! C’est vrai! Bon voyage, mon amie.

October 16, 2012
    • Yes, Mr. Wonderful really is wonderful. Because being me ain’t easy!

I’m bringing my mini-netbook with me, so if my fingers can handle the itty-bitty keyboard you may hear from me while I’m there!

October 16, 2012
  8. Bon Voyage, sounds like the trip of a lifetime and a great place for some blog material! Looking forward to the pictures.

9. Heather Holbrook said:

So, so happy for you! Have an absolutely fabulous time!

October 16, 2012

SO awesome! I have always wanted to go to Paris, as well. Have a fantastic journey.

October 17, 2012
  11. Donnell Jeansonne said:

I’m so excited for you! Have a wonderful time!

October 17, 2012
    • Thanks, Donnell. I learned a lot, and enjoyed a lot. One of the most interesting: Charles Beaudelaire, quoted in today’s post, an essayist and pioneering translator of E.A. Poe. ;-)

October 31, 2012
      • Donnell Jeansonne said:

October 31, 2012
  12. You are on your way, and I can’t wait to hear and see all about it when you return. What a wonderful gift for yourself, much deserved! Yahoo! XOXO-SWM

October 17, 2012
    • Thank you, El. As you would probably expect, many lessons were learned. Here they come!

October 31, 2012
  13. Enjoying living out an Audrey Hepburn-like adventure through your eyes and words. Amuse-toi bien à Paris! I just Googled that and I hope it doesn’t translate to something like, go fly a kite. Have fun in France!

October 19, 2012
    • The Google served you well! Get ready for the posts and pics. Here they come!

October 31, 2012
  14. K said:

have a great trip!! enjoy everything!! :)

October 21, 2012