1. very excited for you!! I remember when my mom went back to work, and it was definitely a transition. hope yours goes smoothly :)

June 17, 2013
    • Thank you, Amy. I’m a little excited, too! I’m now in week 3, and the fear is starting to wane a bit. Turns out I’m not as old a dog as I thought.

June 18, 2013

I can. not. wait. to read all about this. Think of the blog fodder! Ya just better carve out that time to meet me here on this page. I am afraid that I don’t have anything to bring to the table after 4 years at home, but thrilled by the notion that no one will ask about potty training or nonstick skillets. so very thankful I have you to watch yet again.

June 17, 2013
    • Thanks, Girlie!! I was terrified that I had nothing left to offer an employer, but it turns out it’s like riding a bike! Skills I thought were rusted shut came right back to me. Turns out I probably could learn to work the new Tivo remote, too. ;-) If I tried.

June 18, 2013
  3. I’m thrilled for you. You will be a fantastic employee, and the people who snatched you up obviously knew what they were getting in you! And yet, selfishly, I’m thinking dagnabit, I wish I’d gotten you to The Happy House sooner, Because now? Well, now it will be harder, right? Harder to get you away from an employer and all of that jazz. But maybe not. :) Congratulations on your new normal. Stay in touch, yes?

June 17, 2013
  4. It is scary! I’ve had the good fortune to see both sides in the past year and notice how nice it is to have more time to do all the things that our sisters 50 or 100 years ago used to do full time. Best of luck making it all work for your family. Congrats on the job, too!

June 17, 2013
    • Thank you, Christie. :-) It’s been a blessing to be home. And as I enter week 3 of the workforce I’m getting the feeling that everything will indeed, be alright.

June 18, 2013
  5. Congrats on your new2 challenge! Anyone who can manage being a Mom plus everything else you have been doing will have no trouble getting into the outside workforce full time. Based on experience, just be sure it’s something you really enjoy as that makes it all worthwhile.

June 17, 2013
    • You know Nelson, in some ways I think it’s going to be easier! Once I’m back in the saddle, I’m sure all my fears will fade away. Thanks for the kind words.

June 18, 2013
  6. Praying that the new season is as fulfilling as the former. And that you still have a little time for blogs, facebook and an occasional glass of wine. :)

June 17, 2013
    • As my motivation is pure, I’m thinking it’s going to be quite fulfilling. And I’m 100% certain I’ll still have time for wine!

June 18, 2013
  7. Anonymous said:

If u can handle three boys an a husband deploy for a year u can do any thing. Good luck . Pray more worry less
    Cheryl

June 17, 2013
  8. Wow – what a big change. You can do it, though, I am sure. And that will be something for me to think about. We’ll have two in college for three years, though that is still some years away. Thinking I may need to go that route, too. Looking forward to hearing about this new adventure!

June 17, 2013
    • Don’t blink, Heather, or you’ll be shopping for dorm decor. to quote Ferris Bueller, “Life comes at you fast. If you’re not paying attention, you might miss it.”

June 18, 2013
    • Thanks, bc. I’m thinking that it’s going to be. And that usually makes it so. :-)

June 18, 2013

I wish you the best of luck on your new begginings! You’ll do great!

June 17, 2013
  10. Anonymous said:

The woman I know will do a wonderful job. You have come a long way from HFCU and you were the BEST. Good luck my dear friend.

June 18, 2013

You acknowledge fear, but I hear undertones of enthusiasm from a woman completely present in her daily life. Congratulations and best wishes on this new chapter.

June 22, 2013
    • I do believe in full presence. And I keep reminding myself why I’m doing it, which makes all the difference and accounts for my enthusiasm. Last week we took Slick to the two-day orientation at his new school, and watching him make decisions for his future, envisioning him as the man he is becoming, makes me certain I’ve made the right choice.

June 24, 2013
      • Anonymous said:

I am sure you made the right choice.
        Love,